I've been digging and planting in the yard lately, and just love the smell of flowers, plants, and dirt. I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite smells.
1. The smell of a newborn baby is one of the best smells in the world! There is just something about breathing in that newborn =)
2. I love the smell of homemade bread. The smell is almost as rewarding as taking that first bite of warm bread!
3. Love the smell of my hubby's cologne/body wash. It's just so, well, manly!
4. As I said at the beginning of this post I love the smell of flowers, plants, and dirt. We've been digging in our garden this morning and it is a sweet smell =)
5. Love the smell of a Fall night, so cool and crisp. And if there is a campfire too that's even better!
6. I just love the smell of my children after they've had a bath. Love to smell their clean hair!
7. Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie ... enough said!
8. My mom's kitchen. It reminds me of my childhood and she is the best cook. No matter what she is cooking, it smells good =)
9. Mmmmm, love to smell grilled meat. When the neighbors are grilling it makes my mouth water for grilled food (our grill is "out of order" thanks to some birds nesting in it) !
10. Chocolate chip cookies (or any cookies for that matter)!!!!
What are some of your favorite smells?
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1.I love walking into your home; it usually smells of homemade cooking.
2. Puppies
3. Roses
4. Candles
5. fresh cut hay - brings back memories of helping my dad on the farm bail hay.
6. And, I also love the smell of newborn babies.
Love ya, Mom
What a fun post, Stephanie! Love and agree with your list! To your list, I would add:
~Fresh cut grass
~The air right after a rainfall
~Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's
~The nostalgic smell of my husband's grandma's house
~A coffee shop/store with freshly brewed coffee
~Lots of fresh veggies and fruits
~Almost anything baking in the oven
Baking bread has to be one of my most favorites (which maybe is why I've been baking lots of loaves lately!), and I also agree with your mother about candles. Hubby and I love to go into candle stores for fun and have each other close our eyes and guess all the different scents. =)
Fun post! Yay for all the smells of summer upon us!
Post a Comment