Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Serve Joyfully...

Servants.  God tells us to serve one another in love.  God tells us to do all things joyfully.  Oh, how I fail at that, even though I am constantly reminding my children of this verse (1 Thess. 5:16  "Rejoice always.").    I am to serve others and to do it joyfully.   Today was a hard day for this.  I have three children that need help with either diapers or on the toilet.  Some days I feel like all I do is wipe bottoms.  By the end of the day today, I actually had tears in my eyes when I had to change the 3rd messy diaper in a matter of minutes (I blame it on the pregnancy hormones!).  But yet, God tells me to rejoice always.  Even when I am changing the 10th diaper of the day, or being called in the bathroom for the 5th time to help my toddler or preschooler.  Oh that I would remember that God tells me to rejoice even in this.  The fact that I have that many young children to help out is such a gift.  On days when I'm tired, and not feeling the best (I am 6mos. pregnant!),  I need to remember what God instructs me to do.  To serve others joyfully.   Praying that tomorrow I would serve my children joyfully, especially during diaper  time!

" ...but through love serve one another."  Galatians 5:13

1 comment:

Monica said...

HI
my dear friend, that is such a good reminder, I know I struggle with this. I have a habit in telling my children to do something and I think to myself I should be following my own advice.I hope you had a better day.:)